Old November 9th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default more on Hyperthyroid cat

wrote in message
We had more lab work done and it came back possitive on the
hyperthyroidism.
Willie is on the meds.
I'm having a really hard time posting to this newsgroup with my news rover
so I'll keep it short.
Jean

Jean! I just took my hyperthyroid cat to the vet this morning, and four
years
after starting on the Tapazole (5 mgs twice a day) her levels are still
perfect.
About 2.8. And they started out being 10.8.

Every morning when I feed her canned food, I let her start on it then
lift her little head and toss her pill to the middle of the back of her
throat, so she can't work it around and out with her tongue. She wants
to get back to her food so badly, she cooperates and swallows. Then
I do the same thing at night. She is twelve years old, and from the first
month she has been on Tapazole, her levels have been normal, in the 2.0s.
She is now twelve and is a much happier, friskier cat. Willie is lucky you
caught and treated it!