Old April 20th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health,rec.pets.cats.misc,rec.pets.cats
Matthew

Default Question: Curing cat-human worm infestation

First what you have and what your cat has are two different things.
If your cat has that he needs a pill from a VET
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapeworm
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/ca..._problems.html you have something else and probably required a doctor visit to determinethe cause. You could have something as simple as a chigger"Gerard Anthony Gold" wrote in ... Hello, I have been feeding & petting this feral cat. It has these little (lessthan an inch long) white, thin worm-looking things in its anus. I kind ofguessed they could be worms, but since I did not see any movement, I lostthat rain of thought. Recently, when I sit on the couch, the cat has beengetting on to my lap & grooming & sleeping. Yesterday, I noticed a large sore on my lower thigh. Today, one of thesethings dropped on to my sofa and started crawling on it with thisexpansion-contraction motion, so I'm pretty sure it's a worm or a maggot. Isuspect one of these things has got into me using the skin-penetrationroute. What can I get off the shelf (I've got a 2-office visit limitation on myhealth plan, so I'd rather avoid using the second so early in the year) tokill this worm off before it does any critical organ damage? Thanks, Gerard