Old February 10th 09, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Kitty doesn't take to strangers

wrote

didn't like to be around children. She was an abused kitty who got
her tail tugged on by some children before she was put into a foster
home. When my boyfriend and I adopted her she was 7 months old and we

Make sure the cat has a safe place the kid can NOT get at and do NOT leave
both untended alone for even a second. Do NOT let the child try to 'play
with kitty'.

We are talking danger to the child here.

A truely scared cat will go for the face and eyes. This is why they mark
cats behavior with children and do not relase ones known to not deal with to
people with children. An experienced cat owner can work with this but you
seem too new to do so safely with a toddler. Warn the mother now.