Old January 26th 04, 09:45 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...

My main question is this: they say handleing raw meat is REALLY bad
during pregnancy too....BUT with common sense you wash your hands.....
is that the same deal with cats...like if you change the litter box then
wash you hands its ok?
because i've scooped the box 2 or 3 times WITH gloves on then washed my
hands with antibacterial soap...do you think that is ok?
My husband is doing it ow to avoid any problems....

You're doing the right thing.
FWIU, simply cleaning the box daily with gloves on, then following up
with an antibacterial soap is sufficient.
http://web.vet.cornell.edu/Public/FHC/toxo.html

I am not an expert, however, so if the hubby is willing to scoop the
box, that is the safest thing to do.
You might also try one of those automatic litter boxes.

Asking this is alt.med.veterinary might yield more experienced answers.

~kaeli~
Dijon vu - the same mustard as before.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace