Old December 14th 03, 07:10 AM
Julie Cook

Default Lacey gets an early present

I had to pick up cat food today so I asked the clerk at PetSmart if they
carry any cat videos. She directed me to a DVD titled, "Cat Sitters".
I bought it for Lacey for Christmas but of course as far as she knows
today *is* Christmas so she got it early.

She was asleep on the cat tree when we put it in and the first scene was
a herd of gerbils (flock? gaggle?) with squeky sounds as well as bird
type sounds. We watched as she opened her eyes then lifted her head.
She watched a minute or two then stood up and immediately crouched very
low on the platform of the cat tree. She 'stalked' the gerbils until she
reached the television and she stood up on her back legs and patted at
them and tried to smell them. Then she sat down and watched for a few
minutes before deciding to find something else to eat - apparently the
gerbils didn't smell tasty. While she was eating we watched the video
for awhile (I wonder what that says about us, lol!) and found
squirrels. Tomorrow we're going to show her the squirrels.

Julie