Old March 20th 04, 08:34 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Tubby the farmcat

Well, I spoke with Carol Ann today. They have taken Tubby off the
medication. They consulted with their SIL who is a phisician and he said
that the medication is very toxic and damaging to the liver, even in
humans. That if he survived the infection, the drug would probably kill
him soon afterwards. Furthermore, Tubby hated the medication so much
that he would run whenever he saw Carol Ann coming over. He even moved
out of the house and started spending all his time outside. This was
very hard for both Carol Ann and Tubby.
She said she sat down with Tubby and told him she wouldn't torture him
anymore, "No more pills Tubby", she said. He then jumped on her lap and
headbutted her, thanking her for that choice. He might be able to fight
off the infection on his own, if he starts eating. Which he has. But not
what you expected. He's caught a couple of mice and ate them. Now Carol
Ann has gone and bought him feeder mice from Petsmart (I know, she
wasn't feeling good about it, she called them "rats" because that would
make her feel more at ease) for Tubby. He seems better, but still sick.
At least he's eating. I suggested green tea to help boost his immune
system, she's going to try that too.
It's really amazing how much people care. Everybody who goes to the farm
asks about him and many bring various foods for him to try, from Rx cans
to fresh organic chicken livers. He's a very loved cat.
I'll keep purring for him to beat the infection and to have many more
years greeting visitors to the farm.

Regards.

Victor

--