Old April 21st 05, 12:12 AM
John Ross Mc Master

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:09:51 GMT, "Brandy*Alexandre"
wrote:

My cubicle neighbor found a kitten that is about two or three days old.
She's going to try to raise it and if anyone has any advice or
encouraging words, I'd like to pass them along.

She said she saw the kitten in the grass and decided to watch for a bit
in case the mother was moving kittens in stages. After more than 30
minutes and no mama cat, she picked it up and took it to the vet to get
it checked out and get some supplies. The kitten apparently had fly
eggs on it already, so it was probably alone for a while. She said it
won't take the bottle, but she's using a syringe. She said he had a
little cough and I'm concerned about pnuemonia, but the vet probably
would have heard that. The vet did tell her his chances weren't great,
but she wants to try. Advice appreciated.

Thats awfully young. Stick with the feline milk subtitute in the
syringe, then bottle, then mix the milk and wet food at about 4 weeks.
I could be off a bit on the six weeks.

I raised my Cinder from 3 weeks of age.
Keep the kitten WARM. Plenty of light blankets/towels.They loose heat
really easily at that age.