Old October 26th 05, 05:25 PM
Rhino

Default my new neighbor murdered my cat of 11 years and is bragging

wrote in message
ups.com...

heartbrokencatlover wrote:
He was my best friend, and now this guy is bragging about it
here.http://tinyurl.com/9k5tv can anyone help me this guy has to be
stopped somehow.

Also, a couple of times each year I read a small article in
the paper about a person being convicted under state (for various
states) animal cruelty laws for killing a pet, even their own,
even if the killing was 'humane' in the sense of being quick.

Your local police may not be interested in the case, but a local
prosecutor might be if he is aware that the killer is bragging
online. Prosecutors do not like to see people brag about breaking
the law (which he may have done) even when the law in question
is not often enforced.

This sort of thing as well as the small claims court approach
vary quite a bit from state to state.

It may also be possible to sue him in addition to the criminal
prosecution.

If you are really serious (and if so, good for you) see a lawyer,
ask him or her what you, personally can do and what the lawyer
can do for you.

Remember, police officers are not lawyers. If you get your advice
from a police officer it will probably be consistant with departmental
policy, and an accurate picture of what the poilce will or will not
do but not a complete picture of all of your options.

Even if the police are "interested" in the case and you can produce evidence
of the crime, don't count on a very severe sentence if your neighbour is
convicted.

There was a case in Toronto a couple of years back where three guys grabbed
a cat - I can't recall if it was a neighbour's cat or a stray - and skinned
it alive, videotaping the whole gruesome act. The national news showed only
a few seconds of the video - when the cat was running away, apparently in
fear of what these monsters were about to do - and it sickens me to this day
to think of that poor cat's terror. They then proceeded to show the video at
a gallery, claiming it was "art".

They were charged and convicted and the ringleader did the maximum sentence
available for this crime in Ontario - and was out of jail in 4 months. I
think the other two got lesser sentences.

This is far, far too little time for wantonly murdering an innocent animal,
in my opinion.

The frightening thing is that killing animals is one of the three
"behaviours" practiced by people who go on to become serial killers of
humans, like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, et. al. That is not to say that all
cat killers become serial killers but the large majority of serial killers
had a background of killing animals, bedwetting, and setting fires.

Rhino