Old March 24th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default International Cat of Mystery

"Marie Lawrence" wrote in message
u...
Hi Britta,
I hope your container of furniture arrives on time. 18 months ago my son
moved to New Zealand, his furniture went in a container, his new job

paid
for accommodation for one month. He found and rented a house, still no
furniture. He moved in with a futon to sleep on, and one borrowed chair

!
He missed his 2 cats so much that he had them sent over, he bought an
electric heat pad for them, and there they all stayed for weeks before

his
furniture arrived. It seemed that the container was not full, so it

stayed
here in OZ until it had a full load. I hope this does not happen to you !
Marie
from OZ

Our container is definitely full...to the brim! Also, we rented the whole
container, no one else's stuff is allowed in there. But it will still be at
least 3 weeks before the stuff arrives after I do. I plan to rent a house
right away and I'll sleep on an air mattress. Helen Wheels is kindly
storing 3 large bags for us too, which contain sheets, towels, pots, pans,
dishes and even a toaster! I think I'll be ok camping out in an empty house
for as long as it takes our stuff to arrive. We had to do it for 6 weeks
when I was 10 and we moved from Germany to Canada. For some reason our
container was extremely delayed but I can't remember why now.
--
Britta