Old September 15th 03, 10:44 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 20:09:47 GMT, Bob Avery wrote:

Well, we went to an allergist last week and although the allergy test
was conclusive (ragweed pollen is an allergy as well as a few other
thingstoo.) We didn't get much help in the way of a cure. The
desensitization shots some of you recommended contain a steroid
derivative that my future wife has had a bad reaction to previously.
The Dr. went back to suggesting some other prescription meds we've
already tried.

I'm afraid Tuggles and Midge have to go. Thanks for the suggestions
though. Sometimes it is just unavoidable (despite what some of the cat
disciples here suggested)

Bob.

Iam not sure there is a "cure" for allergies --- just control. They
seem to be hereditary and can be very complicated. It's kind of
like a bad hair day -- one day you have it and another day you don't.
Yesterday was a really bad day for me -- today seems pretty good so
far. Just let the wind come out of the west desert and I suffer.

Have you tried the kittywipes on the cats? Petsmart had a product
called Outright that really helped when I had Princess. I haven't
looked for it in quite a while. If you have to re-home your pets, I
hope you find them a good one.

I'm curious: what else was she tested for? Best of luck. MLB