Old January 28th 05, 02:40 AM
carlene

I just posted a message yesterday about the loss of our tortie Bliss.
She definitely had an "attitude" and a paranoid edge to her, but very
sweet and affectionate. She had to be petted a very specific way or
she would swipe at you so quickly that you would swear you did not see
it coming. Our party guests avoid her because of her temperament, and
one guest describes Bliss as "the scary black cat" and re-tells the
story of being swiped at by Bliss when he was walking by her and
minding his own business. Bliss would growl at my brother for just
standing next to her, but to us, she was our precious princess with a
wonderful personality. She was so high-strung that the vets had to
mildly sedate her or use a net to examine her! As a kitten, she was
very hyper, darting around the room like a rocket (we called her "a
mechanical kitty", but throughout the years, she really mellowed out
(though those quick swiping movement never faded except on her last
days) . We will always miss her. Good luck with your Tortie!