Old April 24th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Default Cat meowing all the time

On Apr 23, 6:53*pm, "mrscomp4707" u43134@uwe wrote:
I have a cat that is 2 years old and meows all the time. Almost all day and
pretty much all night. We walk him reguarly and we have tried spraying him
with water and yelling at him, taking him off the window sill, putting him in
a different room. Nothing is working. I read somewhere that we should ignore
it and reward him when he is being quiet. Is there anything else? Is there
some way to keep him entertained? We have another cat and he is just fine.
Any suggestions?

1. Is he neutered? If not, his raging hormones are probably causing
the majority of his meowing.
2. Please DON'T spray him with water. He is trying to communicate with
you and this will only frighten him or cause other bad habits to get
your attention.
3. How often do you play with him? A male cat at that age has a lot of
energy and needs play sessions with you at least twice per day. Use an
interactive wand, cat dancer, or whatever other toys he likes.
4. Do you have a cat tree for him to exercise on? How about a bird
feeder near the window he can watch?
5. Rotate his toys every few days so there's always something "new."
6. Give him extra love and attention. He might just need more
attention than your other cat.