Old October 15th 03, 01:45 PM
Ted Davis

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:45:42 +0100, Leon Heller
wrote:

Babbage, my chocolate Burmese cat, goes out most mornings and comes back
in the evening. A couple of times now, he has disappeared for a whole
week - he returned yesterday morning from his latest 'holiday'. Someone
has obviously been looking after him and keeping him indoors, as his
claws are very neat, unlike their usual tatty state, and he has
obviously been fed, although he has lost some weight.

snip
Has anyone got any ideas for finding out who has been keeping Babbage
when he disappears? I can't really go from door to door asking
questions, as he often follows me for about 1/4 mile up the road when I
go out (he gives up after that), and I suppose it could be anyone in the
street I live in. I think it is most likely to be someone close, though.
I could put a tracking device on a collar, I suppose, I have the
technology. 8-) Another option would be to put a note in all the
letter-boxes.

Go around asking the neighbors *while he's gone* - makes everything
easier: you have a valid reason for asking (he's missing) and if he
follows you around, then you have found him.

T.E.D. )