Old July 11th 09, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Pilling Buster

Winnie wrote:
I sympathize. Over the years, I tried practically everything to pill
Rusty who needed.
medication fairly often. I requested liquid medication when available
and that went
down easily. Pill pocket are good. But after 14 years of cat
slavehood, I finally
manage to pill him by forcing the pill down his throat. I wear the cat
tooth brush thimble to protect my finger. Now I have to pill him at
least once every day.
The only struggle is to get hold of him. Rusty seems to know when it
is pill time and
lead me through a merry chase.

If I can get to the point where I can force a pill down him every day,
that would be a good learning experience. Ever since my first
experience medicating Betty, which was relatively easy, I've been
afraid that someday I would have a situation where I would have to
force a cat to swallow a pill. I just have a hard time with the idea
that I'd have to restrain a cat and force it to do something. When
it's possible, I'd so much rather try to pursuade, or at least trick
a cat into doing something.