Old July 11th 09, 02:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Pilling Buster

wrote:
When one of my cats is getting medication in food, I feed that cat
in a room by him/herself. I don't want anyone else getting Smudge's
aspirin. And while Lysine isn't harmful to any of the other cats,
I want Roxy to get as much of it as possible.

If you're free-feeding your cats on dry food, you might want to take
that up for the duration of Buster's treatment. A hungry cat is more
likely to eat his medicine-laced food than one who's been noshing on
kibble all day.

Good luck!

That's right - you've been medicating your cats too! I'll take the
advice about getting him hungry. If I leave out just one bowl of dry
food out for them instead of two, Dot will monopolize the bowl and
Buster will get hungry for sure.