Old February 9th 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default taking Kira to the vet - a couple questions

I'm taking Kira to the vet in the morning. Hopefully, a few people on
the east coast will see this before I go.

It may be nothing at all, but am concerned. She's a couple times where
she was either constipated, blocked, or having a stomach ache. The
first time was a mild version of what happened a few years ago. That
time, the vet did a hands on exam and didn't find anything, but she
felt better, so it seemed like the massage had done the trick. So, I
did a massage and she stopped grubling, purred, and ate about half an
hour later.

Then, yesterday, it happened again. This time, when I massaged her, she
didn't feel full, but I felt something that might have been normal,
might have been a mass. Shortly after that, she barfed up a hairball
and some kibble. Today, she puked again, a good size amount of kibble,
just eaten. She has been having more hiarballs than normal lately.

She seems to be eating and going to the bathroom fine most of the time,
and she acts normal. But all of this together has me worried that she
has a partial blockage, or that she's getting impacted or something.

I was already planning to get the senior bloodwork panel at her next
exam, so I will definitely get that done. I will also get an x-ray.

My questions:

Any other ideas of what these symptoms might be?

Are there any other tests I should ask for or expect before we get
blood test results?

Will an x-ray show a tumor if she has one?

If she has some kind of cancer, what tests will show it? Is that
something that will show up in the bloodwork?

Kira is 11 1/2 years old. Balinese. Small frame, light weight. Appetite
is normal, Bathroom habits seem normal, and her activity seems normal.
No previous health problems other than the one time 3 or 4 years ago.

Hopefully, it is nothing big. I just hate going to the vet with no idea
what to ask, and worrying about the worst possibilities (cancer, organ
failure).