Old July 4th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default Crass?

wrote:
It did upset me a bit to be called
"anti-American" though. Is that how you all perceive me?

Oh HELL no! I've never inferred anything anti-American, anywhere from you. I
don't blame you for wanting to pull your hair out at what may have been
certain comments suggesting that we can do things in the US that a person in
the UK can not do. "Well, we can do this" is counterproductive to the problem
at hand

As one of the people who used that phrase, I would like to clarify that
I said it *not* to rub Tweed's face in what we could do that she couldn't,
but because I wasn't sure if she was right.

Please don't take it in the wrong way. I never meant to slam anyone who did
use something like that phrase. In my habitual foot-in-mouth fashion, I was
meaning to say that I understood the frustration Tweed must have felt, given
the dilemma at hand. I never inferred any smugness or in-your-face attitude
from you and I apologize if it came off that way.

Blessed be,
Baha