Old July 16th 04, 02:29 PM
Karen

Well, you could call to different vets in your area and find their price. It
may vary a bit but not much I imagine. Will your cat EAT the k/d? At 18, I'd
sure be tempted to jsut let kitty eat what it likes.

Karen

"googler" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

My 18 year old cat was just diagnosed with "typical" kidney
disfunction for his age and was prescribed Hill's Prescription Diet
Feline K/D soft food. They are charging $1.50 a can (5.5 oz), and I
can't really afford that. I am used to the 3 or 4 for a dollar cans.
I checked the ingredient list and I didn't see anything that is
"prescription" in the list (no drugs)...just the stuff that is in
regular food, but in different percentages.

So my question is, is there another brand out there that costs less
and has similar ingredients? Or maybe a place where I can buy it for
(much) less than $1.50 a can?

Thanks so much!
Bob