Old September 3rd 03, 06:54 AM
bewtifulfreak

Brenda Watkins wrote:
"Angela Ryan" wrote in
message ...
This is a really stupid question but here goes....

Does anyone else think there is a difference in the meow of a male
and female cat?....their 'normal' meow that is, not mating call etc.

Just an observation I made and was wondering

Angela (and Gizmo, of course)

I don't think it's a stupid question at all, Angela! I've noticed
that different cats have distinct voices - I can always tell which of
my cats is meowing even when we're not in the same room.

No, not stupid at all! There may be a boy/girl difference, but I think, as
with humans, there is a big variation even amongst the genders. Ours are
both boys, and while Crowley has a clear, lovely, often trilling voice,
Greebo has been dubbed, variously, the "ruptured duck", and "broken squeaky
toy", because of his rather pathetic though adorable excuse for a meow, LOL!
And, as is so often the case, this anaemic little squeak comes out of a big,
huge black bruiser of a cat....

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak