Old May 5th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default A Pair of Cat's Names

if someone I didn't know were to name their cat, say, "Sh*thead",
I would be alert to potential animal abuse or neglect, as such a
name *might* (I emphasize "might", because it might not) indicate
a nasty attitude toward the cat. I would be far more concerned
about that than about the name itself.

Like when a colleague of mine found a stray cat on his doorstep
with a label on his collar saying "My name is ****face and I live
on the motorway".

It's hard to imagine how anybody could do that, I would guess the
result of a relationship breakup.

Happy ending anyway, my co-worker adopted the cat.