Old May 5th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default A Pair of Cat's Names

Christina Websell wrote:

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message

That being said, I wouldn't have thought the original suggested
penises to me - I know the term in that context, but it isn't
common enough around here for that to be the first meaning I'd
think of. The frequency of use of various slang expressions
varies considerably from place to place.

It's close to zero here for the one I suggested. I've never heard
anyone in the UK use it and I've only met with it in D.H. Lawrence's
novels (as I said, it was a literary allusion, and on top of a
historical one at that).

You know very well that if you ask anyone in the UK what it means they
will say penis. Stop trying to wriggle out of being found out suggesting
to someone in another country that it's a good name for a cat.

Children, children, hasn't this idiotic "controversy" continued long
enough? Who but "Tweed" really GIVES a damn?????

OK. You don't get it. Once again you are not able to say so without being
rude, Evelyn and now you add patronising. sigh