Old July 3rd 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default Persistence with mats

On 3 Jul, 00:22, (---MIKE---) wrote:
The past few years I have had to take Tiger to the vet to get
"de-matted". This required sedation which was expensive as well as
somewhat risky. This year I have tried to keep them under control.
Despite my efforts, he developed mats on both sides of his hips. He
won't let me use clippers or scissors on them. I finally found a way.
He loves to be brushed with the Zoom Groom so I brush his back with it
while attacking the mats with a wire brush. The brushing with the Zoom
Groom holds his attention so I can get in a few licks with the wire
brush. Today I finally got the last piece of the mat out.

---MIKE---In the White Mountains of New Hampshire

(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

well done