Old January 3rd 10, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Persia-versary

"jmcquown" wrote in message
It's a few days early but I didn't want to forget. On January 6th,
2001 Persia came up to my back door and demanded I let her inside.
She just stood at the door and yowled. She absolutely refused to
leave. I was living in west Tennessee at the time and as dusk
approached the temperatures were dropping rapidly. Icouldn't very
well leave her outside! So I grabbed my coat and drove to the
store. I said to myself, "If the cat is still there when I get
back I'll let it in." (Obviously I didn't know if it was a male or
female cat at that point.) I bought a litterbox, litter, a bag of
cheap cat food and food bowls and headed back home. By then it was
dark and the temp was about 23F. The cat was still there so I
opened the door. It waltzed in as if it owned the place, which of
course she ultimately did

I couldn't find her owners. I took pictures, printed up posters,
called all the area vets and shelters. No one claimed her. (She
turned out to be a her.)

Long story short, she's moved 700 miles with me. (That was
certainly an adventure!) She's kept me laughing with her wonderful
antics, like breaking into the pantry to get a can of Fancy Feast
She loves to snuggle and her fur is very soft. She has a very
loud purr which she exercises regularly. I call her my rumble bug
She bites me very gently on the shoulder or arm (sometimes on
my chin) and then slowly blinks her pretty green eyes at me. Those
are "kitty kisses". She taps me on my nose to wake me up; "hey,
it's time to feed me!" She sometimes stands on the edge of the
bath tub when I'm taking a shower and yells at me: "Hey! Don't you
know you're getting wet?!"

I'm going back to work tomorrow so she'll have to remember I used
to go to the office every day. I'll make sure the cat TV is on...
IOW, the blinds will be open and the bird feeder filled. I've had
a plethora of birds showing up. Chickadees, Carolina wrens, tufted
titmice, pine warblers, purple finches. There's a mated pair of
cardinals that have a nest a bush in my back yard. A blue jay just
showed up this morning. I rarely see them down here. A couple of
weeks ago some North American bluebirds were on the patio. Persia
should be well entertained

Happy Persia-versary!

Jill

I reminder. People who are having their taxes done are usually not
at their best. It can be a more 'personal' experience than going to
the doctor.

Most of them are still quite nice about it, even to the point of
saying thank you when informed they owe the government a huge amount
of money.

Jo