Old November 11th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
PawsForThought

Default Update: Gabby and whether or not we have killed him yet. Warning: LONG.

On Nov 9, 1:58 pm, "-Lost" wrote:

book length post snipped

The only thing I know for certain is that if he does this as an adult
to one of my children again (the total number of SERIOUS attacks are
not at 8) he is going to the pound where he will be euthanized -- no
questions asked. But enough of that negative thinking -- my boy has
been behaving GREAT for almost a week!

Gah! Sounds like your cat is acting like a playful teenager who
perhaps hasn't been properly socialized, and who sounds like he would
definitely benefit from another young cat playmate. I would hope
before it comes to the point of you dumping him at a shelter to be
euthanized, that you would rehome him to someone who truly wants to,
and can, spend the necessary time with him. Yes, I know you've been
trying to work with him (and thanks for not declawing, btw), but what
you wrote above worries me.