Old July 7th 03, 07:12 PM
Arjun Ray

In nk.net, "Nicole"
wrote:

| I think I'm probably one of the only ones with the balls enough to say
| "yeah, I've weighed the alternatives and have decided to declaw".

Do you have the balls to say:

"Declawing is the amputation of the toe bones that cats walk on. The
bone has to come off because the claw grows out of it. The result is an
unnatural posture as the cat turns its wrists to distribute the pressure
of walking over the other bones in its paws. The procedure is reliably
painful enough that declaw post-ops are routinely used to study the
effectiveness of painkilling medications and pain treatment protocols.
I will ignore the evidence that declawing can make a biter or couch
wetter out of my cat. There is no medical or health benefit to the cat
whatsoever but still I will have this done, and I am very glad that I
live somewhere where neither the prevailing laws nor the professional
ethics of veterinarians stand in the way of my desire to mutilate an
innocent kitten."

Well, do you have the balls?