Old December 14th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default How to tell the correct weight for a cat?

Your vet should be able to tell you. My guy is approx 9lbs and the vet
said he is a bit overweight. I can feel his spine, but not his ribs.

Good Luck

Danielle

On Dec 14, 4:17 am, Chris ] wrote:
Is there a way to determine the correct weight for a cat?

This is a large long-haired cat, taken over as a stray.
The hair is so long that you can't get near enough to its body to see if
you can feel its ribs.

With humans you can use BMI - but is there a cat equivalent?

It weighs 6.1 kg - but has enormous paws - which makes me think it
probably should be big.

Is there a reliable way of knowing for certain?
--
Chris