Old February 17th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats
cybercat

Default Our cat. The kind of cat that gives cats a bad name.

"Scott" wrote
So, you don't know what she wants?

No. And sometimes I feel just awful. I get paranoid and wonder if I
should take her to the vet to see if there's some sort of health
problem.

Know what? Your instincts might be right on. Our tuxedo cat howled
like that, and as it turns out her thyroid levels are sky high. She is on
medicine now and just fine, but untreated it can cause a stroke. It
also makes them hyperactive (kind of hypervigilant, jumpier than usual)
and irritable. But one of the chief symptoms is vocaliziing like that,
seemingly for no reason.

But maybe she's fine health-wise and is just wants something and I
just can't figure it out.

I think you should take her in. At my vet it costs $40-$50 to get
thyroid levels checked.