Old February 17th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.cats
Nicolaas Hawkins

Default Our cat. The kind of cat that gives cats a bad name.

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 17:09:02 -0500, dgk
wrote in :

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:38:58 GMT, Scott
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:17:25 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"Scott" wrote
What makes it more frustrating is she gives nothing back, affection
wise.

She exhibits loving behavior (she will roll over on her back in our
presence, which I understand to be her way of saying "I love you"
based on FAQS I've read) but she doesn't want to be in physical
contact unless it's "by request" and it's her getting the attention.

You just described a combination of my two cats (maybe about to be 3),
Nipsy and Espy. Nipsy is ok being petted and held, but often whines
like he wants something and I have no idea what it is. Epsy is smart
and a handful, but will not tolerate being touched or picked up. He
will almost never sit in my lap. But, once in a while he will climb
into my lap and my SO and I realize that we've been awarded a top
honor. Somehow the rareness of the event makes it all the more
special.

Let's face it. Cats are weird.

Thank your deity that they cannot talk, or your ears might change colour!

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

.... Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.