Old July 7th 04, 05:05 PM
Melissa Houle

snip
Oh, I used to live in Sunnyvale! Lived there for 7 years, and then moved
to Oakland in 1999. I used to love hanging out on Castro St - a great
place to find food, especially if you love Asian cuisines: there were
Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Thai, and Indian restaurants all up and
down the street. And plenty of coffee shops and bookstores. It's one of
the things I miss about that area.

How long have you lived there?

Joyce

I've lived in the Bay Area all my life, except for a four year stint to
Oregon for college. My dad was a Stanford professor, now retired, and he
and my mom and older sibs moved to Palo Alto from Minnesota in 1962 a few
months before I was born.

After college, I moved to Mountain View, and I've lived there for about 17
years, now. Castro Street still IS a great place for ethnic meals, and also
for the coffee shops and bookstores. (Gelato Classico is a wickedly
wonderful, dangerous place that I try to avoid, but ever since I got back
from Italy, sometimes my cravings overcome me.) The city government made it
a very nice. There's also a performing arts center, and the Mountain View
Public Library is also very good. I can't afford to eat out very often, but
I have some favorite restaurants along Castro Street, depending on what I'm
in the mood for.

Melissa