Old October 19th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Cleocat

Default Tribute to Fuzzmom, House of DCSPCA

In article ,
Adam wrote:

Fuzzmom was mostly white, with patches of dark grey, and was probably
five to ten years old. Fuzzmom and her grown kitten were private
surrenders to the Dutchess County SPCA in Hyde Park, NY. The young one
went to its OneTrueHome, but Fuzzmom was diagnosed with kidney failure
and placed on a special diet. Fuzzmom remained available for adoption
as a special needs cat, and enjoyed being held, but nobody adopted her,
though I tried to give her attention when I was there.

After a while it became clear that she was going downhill. She was
moved to the free-range room (where a special diet wasn't possible) so
she wouldn't spend her last days in a cage. For the first few months,
she just hung out with the other cats and slept in the sun. Then she
started hiding as best she could, and snarled when touched, probably
because she was in pain, but every time I was there I checked on her.
Eventually one day she wasn't there, and I wasn't surprised to be told
that she had been helped to the Bridge.

Adam

Thank you for checking on her, and for caring about her. It sounds like
her life was not unpleasant, and if she had people like you caring for
her and checking on her then she was certainly loved. There are worse
thing for a cat than hanging out with other cats and napping in the sun.

Cleo