Old October 19th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca

Default Tribute to Fuzzmom, House of DCSPCA

Itz gud dat Fuzzmom kud be kared fur in herown lastest daze.

Rebecca

"Adam" wrote in message
Fuzzmom was mostly white, with patches of dark grey, and was probably five
to ten years old. Fuzzmom and her grown kitten were private surrenders to
the Dutchess County SPCA in Hyde Park, NY. The young one went to its
OneTrueHome, but Fuzzmom was diagnosed with kidney failure and placed on a
special diet. Fuzzmom remained available for adoption as a special needs
cat, and enjoyed being held, but nobody adopted her, though I tried to
give her attention when I was there.

After a while it became clear that she was going downhill. She was moved
to the free-range room (where a special diet wasn't possible) so she
wouldn't spend her last days in a cage. For the first few months, she
just hung out with the other cats and slept in the sun. Then she started
hiding as best she could, and snarled when touched, probably because she
was in pain, but every time I was there I checked on her. Eventually one
day she wasn't there, and I wasn't surprised to be told that she had been
helped to the Bridge.

Adam

Dutchess County SPCA: http://www.dcspca.org/
Hyde Park's most famous animal (not an SPCA resident):
http://www.presidentialpetmuseum.com/Pets/fala.htm
--
Email: adam seven zero seven AT verizon DOT net