Old October 19th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default Tribute to Fuzzmom, House of DCSPCA

On Oct 19, 4:58*pm, Adam wrote:
Fuzzmom was mostly white, with patches of dark grey, and was probably
five to ten years old. *Fuzzmom and her grown kitten were private
surrenders to the Dutchess County SPCA in Hyde Park, NY. *The young one
went to its OneTrueHome, but Fuzzmom was diagnosed with kidney failure
and placed on a special diet. *Fuzzmom remained available for adoption
as a special needs cat, and enjoyed being held, but nobody adopted her,
though I tried to give her attention when I was there.

After a while it became clear that she was going downhill. *She was
moved to the free-range room (where a special diet wasn't possible) so
she wouldn't spend her last days in a cage. *For the first few months,
she just hung out with the other cats and slept in the sun. *Then she
started hiding as best she could, and snarled when touched, probably
because she was in pain, but every time I was there I checked on her.
Eventually one day she wasn't there, and I wasn't surprised to be told
that she had been helped to the Bridge.

Adam

Dutchess County SPCA:http://www.dcspca.org/
Hyde Park's most famous animal (not an SPCA resident):
* * * *http://www.presidentialpetmuseum.com/Pets/fala.htm
--
Email: adam seven zero seven AT verizon DOT net

Dat waz a nys tribyewt tu Fuzzmom Unca Adam. Fangu fur taykin kayr uv
hur az best yu cud an fur showin hur luv.

DaRennieKidz