Old May 31st 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Debby Hanoka[_2_]

Default Question about a lump behind nipple

On May 30, 8:15*pm, "cybercat" wrote:
"little vine" wrote in message

On May 30, 12:21 pm, little vine wrote:

I have an abandoned 1yr old female scheduled for spaying on Monday,
June 1st. This morning I was examining her nipples to make sure she
had properly dried up after finishing nursing when I noticed a rather
large swelling (growth/lump) behind one of her lower nipples. I tried
calling the vet to see what she had to say, but she's gone for the
weekend. There is no injury or discoloration. Does anybody have any
idea what this might be and if it is unwise to procede with her
scheduled spaying? It's right along side where her incision will be.
Nevermind. I figured it out. Mastitis. Good thing we've already got a
date with the vet.

Thanks for taking her in and taking such good care of her.

And bless you, Little Vine, for having her spayed.

Debby Hanoka
dhanoka at gmail dot com