Old June 22nd 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cathy F.[_2_]

Default De-chipping cats

"zob" zob@ cox.net wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:04:58 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
wrote:

I had my cat Jack de-chipped. I am so glad I did, too. I have the chip
here and it is one mean looking thing. 1/2 inch long, sharp end, piece of
wire coming out of one end. This is not something I would ever want in a
living body. I posted earlier about the cancer rates in chipped cats. I
decided to go for it. The surgery was trivial, the incision is 1 inch
long,
the vet had no problem extracting it. The x-rays showed where the device
was.

I feel it was worth it for he peace of mind. I am just passing my
thoughts
on. I will never chip an animal, ever.

Paul

I must be ignorant, because I'm not sure what you're referring to. Who
implanted this chip in your cat, and for what purpose?

Cats are 'chipped' for ID purposes should they become lost. The chip can be
'read' by anyone who has the technology - shelters, vets' offices, etc., &
the owner then contacted.

Cathy

---
Zob