Old March 29th 13, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Diabetic Cat question

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:59:49 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:47:58 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Try avacado's cut up with grapefruit sections with salad dressing
poured on....

Try avocado cut up with slices of sweet onions such as Vidalias
drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.

I'll try that. I'm not supposed to eat grapefruit sections because it
interferes with some diabetes medication I take. (But I cheat onde
in a while) I do put onilns in almost anything I pickle anyway, so I
will try what you suggest. I started using jalapenos as a substitute
for salt many years ago, and today, at 77, my blood presure is about
the same as the average twenty year old. I don't even have a salt
shaker on my dining room table.

That served as a salad for dinner usualy draws several "ahhhhs".

My blood pressure and cholesterol are high. I'm on medication for
both. I try to exercise at least every other day.

I hate exercising, with the exception of swimming. This is a, "cool" way to
exercise, (literally) If there is a "Courthouse" or other pool nearby, you
should join it and swim at least an hour a day. Try to see how many laps you
can do in an hour, and watch the total build up with time. It also builds up
your breathing ability, which is very good for me, since I am a trumpet
player. (and I am trying to cancel out the 29 years that I smoked earlier in
life)