Old May 17th 10, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
KenK

Default Hair balls?

My cat Emily's BMs have greatly improved to perfectly normal since her diet
change to canned Wellness - no more diarrhea, soft ones, or horrible
smells. Hope it lasts. But now she's started getting hairballs (at least
I'm pretty sure it's hairballs) every day. Maybe the Wellness has less
fiber or something than Fancy Feast which I used to feed her. Once in a
while she hacks up a lot of liquid too. Big mess to clean up, almost as bad
as vomit. sigh I'm trying adding a half teaspoon fiber to her food spread
over three meals; that used to help. Read that in one of my cat books. I
groom her every day, as I have all her life (she's a short-hair). The fiber
sure works for me; I've taken two generous doses a day for decades and
hardly ever get hairballs!

Any other hairball treatments you've successfully tried if this doesn't
work? Preferably something I can put in her food; giving her medications is
very difficult to say the least!