Old July 5th 09, 01:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Calvin

Default symptoms of the cat that died

On Jul 5, 3:13*am, "Phil P." wrote:
"calvin" wrote:
Lately, when walking, as when coming to a meal,
she would stop and settle down over all fours for a minute
or two, and then get up and continue walking.

Sounds like CHF secondary to HCM.

Thanks; googling them I find Congestive Heart Failure and
feline Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. At one of the sites
for the latter it says that weakness of the back legs may
develop suddenly and fatally. In my cat's case there had been
some weakness of the back legs for years, though of
course that wouldn't preclude a new additional weakness due
to blood clotting.