Old February 14th 05, 10:07 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-14, Mary penned:

The trouble may lie in one's definition of "flaming." In any case, I don't
pull any punches in real life and I sure as hell will not do it here. I'm
not out to persuade. I am merely having my say.

I've seen that =P It's just not an approach that makes sense to me. Oh,
sure, I fly off the handle sometimes, but I try not to. If I really care
about, for example, getting pets appropriate medical care, it's much more
important for me to try to convince the owner to do so than to yell at them.
Yelling at them is guaranteed to put them on the defensive and make them dig
in their heels. Very few people can take advice from someone they feel is
attacking them. But some people do actually listen if you take the time to
approach them compassionately.

In other words, the best thing for the cats is to keep your temper in check.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully