Old July 8th 07, 02:06 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chalk

Default The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Professor" wrote in message
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Baldoni @googlemail.com" baldoniXXVnil wrote in
message
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied
upon by Govt agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

What a load of crap. Cats are wild animals, here in the
UK they have the right to roam where they please, long
may it remain so.

You never let us forget that you like having cats run
over by cars. In British-ese they refer to guys like you
as a bit "thick", right?

Who said I like cats run over by cars..? I've had cats all my life (I'm
52) and none of them have ever been run over, hit or otherwise injured as
a result of being outdoors. It all depends where you live.

What I *don't* like is keeping a naturally outdoor animal a prisoner. But
we've had this "discussion" before.

Ivor

Yes. It is a peculiarly liberal position. (keeping cats locked up indoors
to preserve their life) Liberals think that living a long life trumps
everything else....They love what I call, "padded cell laws", that have
the preservation of life their prime purpose. Motorcycle helmet laws are a
prime example.....And seat belt laws, too. Their argument is that my life
doesn't belong to me, but to the state.....They would like everything to,
"belong to the state". I would like to grab them by the collar, and shake
them and say, "Everybody, and everything dies sooner or later. Some of us
just want to enjoy the few years we have here while we are still alive.
Now, why don't you want to give us that right?"

Liberal leftists worship the state, government, more government, and
bigger government and higher taxes to support even more and
bigger government. "Hello, I'm from the government, and I am here
to help you."