Old April 22nd 12, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Recycling cat food cans

MaryL wrote:

I have been saving my cat food cans for Habitat for Humanity. They need to
be rinsed, but nothing else needs to be done to them (don't need to remove
the paper labels, etc.). There are also some other charitable organizations
that collect aluminum cans. The local Habitat earns several thousand
dollars a year from this practice. I thought some of you might be
interested in it. I just save the cans until I have a good-sized bag of
cans and then drop them off at the local Habitat ReStore. It would be a good
idea to check with Habitat or any other charity you prefer before starting
the collection because the same organization in different areas may have
different policies.

That's interesting. I usually put the cat food cans out with the regular
recycling, but I'm sure there's a donation site near me for Habitat for
Humanity. Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Joyce

"Riveting reading that keeps readers reading."
-- The Midwest Book Review