Old October 26th 05, 08:04 PM

Default VENT!!!

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:42:36 -0400, "Snittens"
wrote:

I subscribe to the local Freecycle list, and I saw a post today that ****ed
me off!
The gist of it is that the woman's 9 yr old boy's cat was killed by a car
and he will be heartbroken. So, she wants to surprise him with a bunny for
his birthday next week. She is looking for an outdoor rabbit hutch.

OK, so how many things wrong with this messsage do you see? I really want
to email this woman and tell her how she is setting a bad example of how to
treat animals. But I will probably wimp out and not do it. Freecycle isn't
a discussion group and it might get me kicked off.

Don't even get me started on the animal listings! I have tried to get a
number of cats and dogs into the shelter, but either they are gone, or
people actually think that giving them away to a random stranger is better
than taking them to *gasp, horrors* a shelter where the animal will be
properly vetted, vaccinated, spayed/neutered, and placed with a screened
home.

-kelly

Kelly, you might want to try nicely asking the moderators, explaining
why, to ban all animal listings. This is what happened on my local
Freeycle group, and listings for animals are now banned.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)