Old January 1st 04, 06:40 PM
Patrick

Luvskats00 wrote:
My 4 year old (neutered) male dsh baby has been with me since he was
2 months old. He had a companion - until August...my other cat (18
year old spayed dsh female) passed away. I adopted a 5 year old
(spayed) dsh female 6-7 weeks ago. Resident cat has never allowed new
cat to remain in one place..he chases her. So, I kept new cat in
bedroom and resident cat in the rest of the house. I allowed them to
mingle - supervised - for small periods of time throughout the
day/night. When resident cat became too much of a bully, new cat hid
behind the bookcase.

A pipe broke in my kitchen, forcing removal of parts of the wall,
kitchen cabinets,etc. Now that everything has been removed from the
kitchen and plaster is to dry (and eventually wall is to be painted,
etc.) my resident cat is not able to have access to the remaineder of
apartment. Both cats need to be in the bedroom.

There's the problem. Even if I cage new cat, resident cat goes around
the cage for hours bothering new cat. I put a sheet over the cage,
but it's not serving as protection.

I exhausted all options for foster situations and was looking to
board new cat....I hate to do it. There's one cat facility where they
board cats in "mini-rooms", not cages and let cats out to play.

Any other ideas will be welcome. I was looking to rent a second
apartment (in my building) for a month - if possible - and let new
kitty stay there. No luck so far. I'm in Queens, NY.

Any ideas will be welcome! Thanks.

(My 2cents-worth and apologys if I offend)
I'd give the 'resident' a good 'clip' and a good-telliing-off (have the cat
see the hurt in *your* eyes).
By 'a good clip', I mean a physical contact that will demand the creatures
attention and wont be taken as 'praise'.