Old July 8th 03, 03:33 PM
Christine

The reason I haven't brought him back to the vet is that they've been
pretty uncooperative. Not the vet herself, but the office. I called
there (twice) to try to get the PCV result, and I had to essentially
lay out the whole story to some desk person who then just said they
could either have the vet that saw him originally call me back
tomorrow (today - Tuesday), or I could bring him in again. Never mind
that they have a doctor there 24x7 that can probably read a piece of
paper, or that I was just asking them to tell ME the number and *I*
will interpret it - I did pay $130 for those test results, after all.
When I talked to the vet at 3:30pm she didn't seem to think that
practically speaking, there was much to do besides wait to see if
either the antibiotics/fluids helped, or if the lab bloodwork reported
anything unusual. She looked in his mouth and didn't say anything
about him looking pale. He had dental work last fall, so I don't his
teeth should be in pretty good shape. Of course there are other
things such as testing for diabetes and doing ultrasounds, but she
didn't really think that either of those would show anything specific.
So, I didn't bring him in because I was following the original
veterinary instructions, and I didn't want to put him through it if it
wasn't necessary.

Tuttan's going to his regular vet today, which is 45 mins away but at
least we can trust them there to call us back. I plan on telling the
24x7 vet (who I was actually pretty happy with) about the situation at
the office there. I spent $450 on Sunday, and they can't have the
on-call doctor call me back AT HIS CONVENIENCE, to read/interpret one
lab number for me? I guess they don't want the repeat business from
Tuttan or our three other cats.

Christine and Tuttan