Old July 9th 03, 12:39 PM
MK

I don't know why they are being so coy with the result. Personally, I
wouldn't have much problem with a technician or receptionist reading you the
result or faxing it to you. They are your medical records. The thing I
wouldn't want them doing is trying to offer any interpretation over the
phone, in my case they simply aren't qualified to do so.

Most emergency clinics fax a copy of the record to your regular veterinarian
automatically, so they may have it already.

The WBC count may or may not mean much, depending on how high it was. I'm
guessing that if they got a WBC count they probably got a PCV with that, so
hopefully if the cat was anemic that would have been addressed.

MK DVM

"Cheryl" wrote in message
"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christine" wrote in message
om...
The reason I haven't brought him back to the vet is that they've

been
pretty uncooperative. Not the vet herself, but the office. I

called
there (twice) to try to get the PCV result, and I had to

essentially
lay out the whole story to some desk person who then just said

they
could either have the vet that saw him originally call me back
tomorrow (today - Tuesday), or I could bring him in again. Never

mind
that they have a doctor there 24x7 that can probably read a piece

of
paper, or that I was just asking them to tell ME the number and

*I*
will interpret it - I did pay $130 for those test results, after

all.

Christine and Tuttan

This is completely unreasonable. My vet will give me copies of any

records
I want, and they will also provide information over the phone. When

you do
talk to this vet, I would ask for a copy of all tests and then take

that to
your own vet. That way, you will at least have the records

available in an
office that is more cooperative. If necessary, ask your vet to

contact
their office and arrange to have the test results mailed or faxed.

MaryL

It is, isn't it. I've had the same thing happen where the techs won't
read me a dx over the phone saying the vet has to. When Shadow had
his biopsy for IBD it took two weeks to get the results because the
vet who did the procedure went on vacation the day after it was done.
They also wouldn't give me his liver values over the phone until she
came back.