Old July 27th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Sherry

Default Boo's EKG Postponed

On Jul 27, 5:30 am, "cybercat" wrote:
Just a note to those of you kind enough to care ...

We scheduling conflict so Boo has to be rescheduled in August.

(She is being tested to make sure that the hyperthyroid-induced arthymia she
developed from having her overactive thyroid undiagnosed and treated for
years has reversed, so that we can take her off of the beta blockers she is
on to prevent fainting spells.)

She is healthy and fine as can be and has been for several years now. She is
a Southern tuxedo cat, so of course she keeps a little crystal bottle of
smelling salts in her shirtwaist. :')

ROFL!

On another Boo-related topic, it has been over a week now since we changed
her litter from those icky blue crystal things, and she has not once peed
where she's not 'posed to. I think litter texture really is a factor, as
others have said, in determining whether or not your cat will consistently
eliminate in the box.

I keep telling everybody, that stuff is just plain weird. I don't
blame her. I wouldn't
use it either.
Hope she checks out great.
I think you're going to see her get a bit more frisky once she gets
off the beta blockers. I've taken
them for years. They tend to really sap your energy.

Sherry