Old March 22nd 04, 04:37 PM
Mary

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote

I know I have asked for advice online. Not because I was avoiding

vet
care, but because I couldn't go right away (I get home from work

at
11pm, so when I discover a problem, I usually have to wait until
morning to go to the vet).

Just a side note -- does everyone have an emergency animal hospital

in
their area?

We have a great all-night one around the corner. It opens at 6 when
the vets close, and stays open until they open in the morning. AND--
if you use a participating vet, if you have taken your animal to the
vet
that day, there is no fee for the night emergency. (The usual fee
is $72.) When Cheeks slipped and hurt her leg, I took her
to the vet where her symptoms disappears. She showed signs
of limping that night and I rushed her in to the after hours clinic.
Her symptoms disappeared again (don't you LOVE it when
they do this? ) but I was so distraught over her being in
pain, I asked for kitty narcotics and they gave them to me.
Something to put under her tongue. I never used it, but it
made me feel better to have it in case she started crying
and limping again. She's fine now.