Old December 30th 06, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Kerissa Ward

Default Introducing A New Cat

Hi,

I'm fostering -- with the hope of adopting -- a 4 month old tabby and
I'm trying to introduce him to my roomate's 7 year old Tortie. I'm not
sure if the behavior the older cat is showing is normal. She hisses and
growls at the kitten. And the two times I've tried to get them close to
each other, they've hissed and screamed. The kittn thens runs into a
corner and he seems to be afraid of her.

She's had a lot of knocks in her life -- declawed as a kitten, no
feline companionship while growing up, and an owner that doesn't keep
her litter box clean -- and it takes her a long time to warm up to
people. Is there anything I can do to calm her down and not be
threatened by th kitten?