Old August 9th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Vichissoise (or potato leek soup) (WAS: rec.pets.cats.anecdotes scheduled for sporge flood)

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
wrote in message
Sporge flooding of rec.pets.cats.anecdotes will commence in a few
hours.

This will render rec.pets.cats.anecdotes useless. For an example,
see Sci.Crypt.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

This is being spammed all over the place (well, with the newsgroup
recipe please be careful as to the newsgroup line. Just hitting
'reply' will send your post off to sci.crypt rather than RPCA.

This the season for Vichyssoise - a chilled potato and leek soup
which originated in the U.S. in 1917 but has a french name because
the chef who created it was born in Vichy, France (or so the legend
goes).

Actually, I prefer my potato-leek soup (and prefer it hot,
regardless of the
outside temp) so you're going to get that recipe instead Call it
Vichyssoise if you serve it cold; call it potato-leek soup if you
serve it hot. (My original recipe calls for serving it hot in
toasted sourdough bread bowls.)

Dee-lishus!

You bet yur bippy! Another of my signature dishes. Too bad I have no
ambition to be a professional chef Nor to compete on Hell's Kitchen!

Jill

I think you'd have to be a *very* ambitious masochist to compete on that
show. ;-) Your soup sounds delicious! I've never been able to get my mind
around the idea of cold soup, so I'd definitely want it hot.

Joy