Old August 9th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default rec.pets.cats.anecdotes scheduled for sporge flood

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Am I the only one here who is looking forward to school
starting again, so the adolescents with nothing better to do
but create internet nuisances will depart (until the next
school holidays)?

You are *definitely* not the only one. Remember, pre-computer days, when
summer break meant you went outside and *did* something? If it's hot
outside, maybe swim in the neighbor's pool? If no pool available, run
through a sprinkler or simply douse your friends with water filled balloons!
As a teenager, I'd go to a movie matinee with a girlfriend and eat popcorn
and jujubees. Then we'd walk around the shopping mall, trying on some new
clothes. Maybe play some pinball or fooseball or video games at the arcade.
Buy some cheap slices of cardboard pizza and a big fat pretzel, or some
chocolates at the candy store. I also took great pleasure in simply kicking
back and reading a book that wasn't on an assigned reading list (I still
do.) Disrupting newsgroups wasn't on my list of "things to do this summer".

Jill