Old December 18th 11, 04:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

Default Cats lethargic after shots?

Our two cats, Edgar and Agatha, got rabies and distemper shots yesterday,
and in the evening became very sleepy and lethargic. They hardly ate, they
did use their litterbox, but all they want is to lie down and sometimes
sleep. They didn't move all night.

This morning, it was the same. Just lying there, sleeping. They'll raise
their head if disturbed, but then they go back to sleep.

Having raised three kids, we are aware that every time our human babies were
inoculated against something, they were quiet and subdued for a day or two,
hardly smiling, often crying more than usual.

This normal in cats too?

Thanks,

Jay